Saturday 13 February 2016

What's in a name?

Why is is 'Cheese Snaps' called Cheese Snaps? Simple, really. When I first started my other blog mumble-mumble years ago, I wanted a name that would be fairly anonymous, but personal as well. Difficult. I chose 'Cheshire Cheese' because I come from Cheshire, although I haven't lived there for several decades, and I like cheese. It turned out to be quite a good choice, allowing me to invent blog names for my family - Wensleydale, who comes from Yorkshire, my sons Cheeses Major and Minor, and my granddaugher Babybel - although when my grandson arrived his mum called him a very hungry caterpillar and he's been the VHC ever since, albeit one who loves cheese.

When I subsequently wanted to start a photography blog, 'Cheese Snaps' seems the obvious choice - although the focus of this blog varies quite regularly, as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment