Wednesday 3 February 2016

A room of one's own.

What would be my perfect room for writing (which I don't do that much of) and reading (which I should do more of)?

A prompt from here.

Essentials:

1. A comfortable sofa with a large coffee table next to it.

2. A log fire - and someone to keep it going. This person could also provide tea, coffee and wine at appropriate intervals, and cook, wash and keep the house clean.

3. A good view, preferably of the sea, or the Downs, or both. One or more bird feeders would be a nice addition.

4. A plentiful supply of books, obviously. I usually write on a tablet, so a state of the art iPad and printer, but I would still like notebooks and a variety of pens.

5. Given that I would need to move occasionally, a work table and a supply of materials for knitting, embroidery, and paper crafts. (I'd be very happy to make my own notebooks.)

6. A good radio tuned to Radio 3.

That should do nicely. At least to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment