Saturday 2 April 2016

Leather

Earlier this year we bought a new car. What has this to do with leather? Well, it has leather seats - which we have never had before.

I am old enough to remember when cars had plastic seats. It coincided with the era of miniskirts, and on a hot day, if you weren't wearing tights, extracting yourself from a car seat was a sticky, sweaty and painful process. So, when cloth seats appeared, I thought they were wonderful - bare legs didn't stick to them!

But, I have to report that leather ones are even better. Arthritic joints slide over them and grandchildren's spills are easily wiped off. Black handbags tend to become invisible on the black leather, but apart from that, they are definitely an improvement over cloth.

However the leather covered steering wheel is a different matter. I don't like driving in gloves, and when we set off to go grandparenting in the early hours, that steering wheel is cold!

I spotted one of these in Halfords, with fluffy dice to match, but my husband didn't seem to think it was a good idea. I can't imagine why.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment